We have an opening for the role of Quantity Surveyor at Great Homes.
The ideal candidate will be a quantity surveyor with experience in managing projects and people. This candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of all steps related to project completion and diligently communicate with necessary people to ensure timely execution. This candidate should also be able to conduct quality assurance checks on a frequent basis in order to ensure regulations are being followed.
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation.
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly.
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project.
- Measure and value the work done on site.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers, site engineers, subcontractors, etc.
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying.
- Experience in construction estimating
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Great networking abilities.