We have an opening for the role of Professional Plumber at Great Homes.
The ideal candidate must have extensive expertise and experience in the field, working with high quality standards and professionalism. The expectations of this role are very high. As such, a suitable candidate must a master at the craft, leaving no room for mediocrity, slackness and poor quality.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, sprinkler, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks, commodes, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
- Repair dishwashers and kitchen equipment that incorporate gas or water consumption.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Good working knowledge of water supply, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and using plumbing tools.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and patience.
- Physical dexterity.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.